Love fish for its taste? Fish is one of those foods that are healthy and tasty, and also easy to prepare. It is full of nutrients such as heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.
Fish can add variety to your daily meals and spice up your dinner. Try these 3 healthy, delicious, quick and easy fish dinner recipes given below:
1. Spiced Garlic Salmon:
Salmon is naturally a healthy fish. This recipe is unbelievably delicious, quick and easy. Adding other healthy ingredients such as garlic, fresh basil leaves or other healthy vegetables, and the mustard sauce will add flavor and nutrition to this already healthy and delicious dish. This makes a quick dinner for two; you will absolutely love it!
- 2 pieces of salmon filet, 6 ounces each
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a medium baking dish with aluminum foil. Lightly grease foil.
- With a mortar and pestle, grind together the garlic, chili pepper, and olive oil (or zip in a food processor). Mix into a thick paste with the mustard, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Place the salmon fillets in the prepared baking dish, and coat with the paste mixture.
- Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Each 12 ounce serving contains approximately: Calories: 486, Total Fat: 1.43g, 2%, Carbs: 101.72g, Protein: 14.63g, Cholesterol 10mg, 3%. It also has a significant amount of Vitamin A, about 57%, and Iron 26%.
2. Delicious Fisherman’s Quick Fish Dinner
You can use any fillet of fish for this recipe, such as salmon, cod, halibut, scrod or walleye. This is a quick, simple and delicious recipe that anyone can make in a matter of minutes. Add your favorite salads, like carrot celery and onions for added flavor.
- 4 (6 ounces) fillets of cod
- 1 cup creamy Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed whole grain crackers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Marinate the fish fillets in the salad dressing for a few minutes in a medium bowl.
- Toss the shredded cheese and crushed crackers together. Place the marinated fish fillets in the prepared baking dish and top with the cheese/cracker mixture. Discard the leftover marinade.
- Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish can be flaked with a fork.
On an average, each serving will contain 300 calories, Total Fat 4.0g, 6%, Protein 37.9g, Vitamin A 44%, Vitamin C 54%, Calcium 24%, Iron 18%. Your nutrition level can vary depending on the ingredients you use, such as the brand of your salad dressing, type of cracker and the cheddar cheese you use.
3. Healthy Fish Taco
Do you feel like Mexican tonight? Why not make some spicy and healthy fish tacos? This healthy, low-calorie taco dinner is excellent for people who love spicy Mexican food but don’t want all the fat and calories of a traditional beef taco dinner. This recipe serves a dinner for two, but you can make enough to feed your whole family.
You can use any suitable fish as taco meat. Add some fresh taco salad made with chopped onion, diced tomato, jalapeno pepper, cucumber, parsley and basil, topped with olive oil and make it even tastier and healthier.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, (or any fish) cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
- 1 (12 ounces) package corn tortillas
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- Beer batter: Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Blend egg and beer, and then quickly stir into the flour mixture.
- White sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
- Grease a baking sheet well
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and bake until crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes. To serve, place fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.
This recipe has total fat 4.94g, 8%, 255 calories, and 23.067g of protein in each serving. It also contains Vitamin A 83%, Vitamin C 88%, and Calcium 15%, although it may vary depending on the ingredients you choose, such as the brand of your beer, yogurt, or mayonnaise As a general rule, try using low fat and low sodium ingredients.
Hope you will enjoy a homemade healthy dinner, which is quick and easy to make tonight. Fish is so healthy that we recommend eating fish at least 3 times a week. You can add variations and ingredients as it suits your taste and requirements. We’d really love to hear from you, please let us know how your dinner turned out!
A healthy diet is essential to a healthy immune system, but don’t forget the importance of replacing Thymus proteins! These are not available in the foods we eat and require a Thymus Protein supplement, such as BioPro-Plus. Learn more and watch the testimonials.
Recipe Credits: Allrecipes.com
Source: Alternative Health Concepts