Site traffic is very important for any business to earn revenue. It could be a real challenge for a brand new business to generate a steady flow of customers. This article has tips on traffic generation strategies for new businesses.
Getting high search traffic on your website is important for increasing revenue for your online business. Obviously, if you don’t get enough visitors to your website, you are not going to make enough sales and profit. There are millions of other businesses competing on the internet for the same products or services that you have, and so, you need to promote your website to attract visitors
To drive traffic to your site, you need to know where your potential customers hang out on the web and how to get their attention so that they will come and visit your site. It goes without saying that your website design, functions and features should be attractive enough to compete in the industry that you are in.
Traffic Generating Strategies
There are many legit ways through which you are able to increase your site traffic flow. The first step is to optimize your site through SEO or search engine optimization. SEO includes both on-page and off-page optimization, and I will explain both. SEO online marketing strategies in today’s world is cheaper than advertising in many other different forms, such as TV, Radio or newspaper ads.
SEO of your website
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization; which means, you need to optimize your site for the search engines. By optimizing your website, you will always rank higher on all major search engines, so that when a potential customer searches for a products related to your business, your website will show up at the top of the search engine’s result page. How is it done? Well, to do this, SEO specialists have to understand how search engines work.
Optimization is done mainly in two ways. They are on-page optimization, or setting up and configuring your web page so that they are search engine friendly. And the other part is promoting and advertising your website through several social media platforms, paid advertisements, and in form of PPC or pay per click.
Search engine algorithm
Every major search engine, like Google, Bing and Yahoo, uses an algorithm for displaying the search results. They use a complex set of rules to determine which site should rank higher than others.
Search engines have a recipe, a certain set of rules which they follow to show you the search results. Every search engine crawls through websites and gathers information. Websites that do well on search engine’s search result page tend to satisfy all the requirements that search engines are looking for. In other words, they must have all the ingredients.
More on-page optimization
When you optimize your page, it must contain Meta information for the search engines. Meta information tells the search engine about the website
The site itself has to be attractive. For example, the title needs to be attractive because it’s the first thing a searcher will notice on the search result page. It must also contain keywords that are most sought after over the web. The next thing a searcher will notice is the description. Searchers will read the description that appears on the search result page and then click on sites that match most closely to what he or she is looking for.
The bottom line is, an SEO analyst must come up with an attractive title using those keywords and also a description that will contain those keywords and also motivate viewers to click on the title and visit the website.
Off page optimization
What off page does is promote your website to a broader audience. It gets the word out to people who might be searching for products and services that you are offering. Off page optimization uses several strategies to build a reputation for your website and helps your website to reach a larger audience.
With off page optimization, you are trying to attract more traffic through online marketing strategies. How does off page influence the search engine’s search result page? Well, search engines tend to rank sites based on reference sites. The more references your site has, the higher your site will rank. So, you need to have links from your site placed on several other sites so that you get a flow of traffic from them as well as you get reference points from search engines. When you have another site pointing a link back to your site, the reference sites are called “backlinks”
Some ways to create backlinks
- Social media marketing: Creating a community on the social media platform is a sure way to build an audience that you can interact with. You can post your news and updates, share experiences and also inform your audience about what you do best. Once you build a trust, it becomes easy to sell your goods.
- Blogging: Blogging is one of the best ways to create a reputation for your website. Blogs are also great for creating connections and building trust with your audience. You can easily use blog sites and content marketing strategies to redirect an audience to your site and create backlinks.
- Forum: Forums, discussions and comments do a great job in providing people with tips and free information and advice. They will be happy to follow your lead and visit your website after you have shown them than you have the right solution.
- Search engine submission: submitting your site to search engines ensures that your site is indexed and visited by search engines every time you make an update.
- Directory submission: submit your site to as many web directories as you can.
- Bookmarking: There are plenty of social bookmarking sites, such as Digg, Delicious, Stumble upon, and so on, where people visit to see most popular sites being bookmarked by others.
- Video sharing: Just like some of the popular photo sharing sites such as Pinterest, Facebook, Flickr, or Shutterfly, where you can share your photos for free, you could also use YouTube for video sharing and placing your video ads.
- Local listing: List your business in the local yellow pages, and similar sites where businesses are listed.
- Classified ads: Some of the online classified sites will allow you to place ads for free. Try Craigslist, Myspace and other similar sites where they will allow you to place free classified ads.
- Article submissions: If you are good with articles, you could write your own articles and blogs and submit them on popular article and blog sites around the web.
There are so many ways to promote your website on the internet. However, don’t assume that if you have a website, audience will automatically come to you. In today’s world, when everyone has a website, the competition is tough. You need to find and use every possible way to get an edge over your competitor. Hope you enjoyed this article. Try some of these methods, and you will definitely see some positive results.
P.S: Want to start your own business? We show you how. Click here to download our free eBook to Unleash the Entrepreneur in You!
Want to get in touch with us? Call 303-495-3705 or Click Here to book a meeting. We’d love to hear from you, so please post your comments in the comment box below. Also, visit our Facebook page, we’d really appreciate it!
Source: Balanced Life team