The best thing about having a homemade dinner is that it’s healthy for you, especially if your dinner is made with fish. You can add variety to your daily meal plans with some heart-healthy delicious fish and spice up your dinner!
Tired of the same old dinner every night? Well, why not make your own delicious healthy dinner at home with fish? Fish is really good for your health. It has protein and calcium for stronger bones and muscles. It also has many other health benefits including improving your heart condition, controlling blood pressure, and it also boosts your immune system. Eating fish regularly has even been linked with fighting several types of cancer.
So, without any further ado, let’s cook a delicious fish dinner. The recipe below is easy to prepare, it would only take 10-15 minutes to cook, and it would be a great dinner for yourself or your family.
Smoky hake, beans & greens
This is a quick, easy, and healthy dinner for two. Grill white fish fillets on a charcoal or gas grill and serve on top of cannellini beans, chorizo, and spinach.
- Two white fish fillets such as Hake, Cod, Tilapia, or many others.
- mild olive oil
- ½ x 200g pack raw cooking chorizo (we used Unearthed Alfresco Smoked)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 260g bag spinach
- 2 x 140g skinless hake fillets
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 red chili, deseeded and shredded
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Boil a full kettle of water and heat the grill to high. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan. Squeeze the meat from the chorizo directly into the pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, crushing the meat with a spatula until it is broken up, golden, and surrounded by its juices. The onion should also be soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander, slowly pour over the boiled water to wilt it, and then run under the cold tap. Squeeze out the excess water using your hands, and then set aside. Line a baking tray with foil, rub with a little oil, and place the fish on top. Season by sprinkling the smoked paprika and drizzle with a little more oil.
- Put the chili into the pan with the sausages, fry for 1 minute more, and then add the beans, spinach, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Let it warm through gently, then season to taste.
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes or until flaky but not dry – you won’t need to turn it. Spoon the bean mixture onto plates, and then carefully top with the fish and any juices from the tray.
(Recipe credit: Fish | BBC Good Food)
Hope you will enjoy your home-cooked fish dinner. Please leave your thoughts about it in the comment box below. Wed also appreciate your comments on our Facebook page.
You could easily raise fish in your own home-based fish farm. For more information or question regarding aquaculture, get in touch with us. Please call our office at (303) 495-3705 or Click here to Book a Meeting with us.
Source: WorldWide Aquaculture
Related articles and resources:
- 7 Surprising Health Benefits of Eating Fish | WorldWide Aquaculture
- A Guide to Eating Sustainable Seafood | WorldWide Aquaculture
- 5 Natural Ways to Achieve Immune System Enhancement | Nourish The Planet
- Farmed And Dangerous
- Common Health Questions of Eating Fish | WorldWide Aquaculture
- 11 Healthy Fish Recipes – Health.com
- Fish | BBC Good Food
- Turn your Home into a Home-Based Fish Farm | WorldWide Aquaculture